Alright Kurt Busch, Will It Be The Don Johnson or Hot Rod?

Monday, March 9, 2009

Isn’t that the latest dance move? No, perhaps a new TV series airing on USA Network?

Neither!

Those are the choices Kurt Busch is deciding on calling his new victory lap. That’s right, The Don Johnson or maybe Hot Rod. I have heard some people say that Busch’s reverse victory lap was cool, or it was lame, or that they wish he’d just smack the wall. What ever you think of his victory lap, you have to admit……it’s different. Whatever it is has to be better than the stupid snow angel thing he did after winning Bristol a few years ago.

I’m assuming The Don Johnson is in reference to something on Miami Vice. I do not have a clue – I never watched Miami Vice. The Hot Rod name is a reference to the former driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, Rusty Wallace. This one I am familiar with. Rusty Wallace almost always referred to his race car as a “hot rod”. So I guess by Kurt Busch naming his victory lap Hot Rod, it will be a tribute to Rusty Wallace.

Personally, I like Hot Rod the best. I am not really a Kurt Busch fan, and I never really pulled for Rusty Wallace, but I think naming the victory lap after Rusty is a cool thing to do.

So, what do you think? The Don Johnson, or Hot Rod?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment