5 Reasons Why I Look Forward To The Bud Shootout

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

    I have a confession to make. Oh no, you are probably thinking, right? Well, it isn't that bad…. trust me. This confession is very simple.

    I look forward to the Bud Shootout every year. I can't wait for the Bud Shootout. I could even say that the Bud Shootout is one of my favorite races of the year. Why, you might ask? It's not even a real race! It doesn't count! There are not even any points!

    dale_jr_gatorade_2008_2 Dale Earnhardt, Jr. won the 2008 Bud Shootout. Can he repeat in 2009?

    Calm down. Here are my three reason why I look forward to the Bud Shootout:

     

  1. The Bud Shootout is the first real glimpse of the cars and drivers for the new season. You can see all the new paint schemes, new teams, new sponsors, new cars (if any change) for the first time after all the pre-season hoopla. You get a taste of how your favorite driver might run in the Daytona 500, or even for the season. Is he is going to shine like gold, or stink like sauerkraut?

 

  1. The Bud Shootout is a non-points race, which means most drivers involved have a "wreckers or checkers" attitude. They go for broke; all bets are in. That stuff makes for exciting racing. This race is all about winning.

 

  1. It is at night. There is nothing more dramatic, nothing more thrilling than a non-points race under the lights. Sparks from the cars come alive. The cars look brighter, and seem to glow under the illumination. They look as if they are glowing. You can cut the anticipation with a knife.

 

  1. The Bud Shootout is just long enough to be a real race, but not too long to get boring. You have the same things as a long race; pit stops, strategy and maybe even a few good wrecks (no injuries though please). It is just long enough to keep your interest piqued, but not so long you can watch a movie after it starts then have 50 laps left once the movie has ended. To me, the Bud Shootout is the perfect size.

 

  1. I get to hear Darrell Waltrip say "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity - Let's go racing boys!" one extra time in the season *rolls eyes*.

8987845Fox TV Analyst and Former NASCAR Driver Darrell Waltrip 

Alright, after all that I do have one negative about the Bud Shootout. Not every driver is involved. It is an invitation only race, and to be invited you have to be either:

A Pole winner from the previous year, or a previous winner of the event.

Now let's throw all 43 cars into this and now we have something exciting!I hope you enjoyed my 5 reasons I look forward to the Bud Shootout. I'd love to hear your reasons why you look forward (or don't look forward) to the Bud Shootout every year.

Don't forget - the Bud Shootout will air on Fox Saturday night at 8 PM (EST)!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment