Should They Have Started The Daytona 500 Sooner?

Monday, February 16, 2009

I have one last comment on the 51st Annual Daytona 500, then I’ll be ready to move on to California.

I really think that if NASCAR and everyone else in America, knew the rain was eventually coming, why not start the race sooner? I know the folks out west love the later start times and all, but if weather is on its way, let’s get on with it.

I know Keith Urban has many adoring fans, but I could have done without his little concert and all the other pageantry. What is up with all the “rock” concerts before the race anyway? If I want to see Keith Urban, or Taylor Swift, or Kidd Rock, I’ll buy tickets and see their shows. I don’t want to tune into Fox’s broadcast of a race to see a music show.

Why not skip the two hour pre-race crap, where they talk about the same things over and over. Sure, getting some of the inside-the-garage tidbits is nice, but if I had to pick between that and getting a full 500 miles - I’ll pick the 500 miles every time.

Thanks to NASCAR and Fox I got to see a great cartoon of Digger, and a great music extravaganza by Keith Urban.

And only 152 laps of what I really wanted to see.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment